Sunday, August 15, 2010

Canning Pears is a Family Affair

Today I was joined by my husband and daughter in lively conversation as we peeled, sliced, cored and canned the hundreds of pears that grew on the tree next to the driveway. Although very tiring and at times amusing, it was nice to have all three of us in the room together chatting like old times. Our son-in-law had to work today, so we didn't get to chat with him, but I'm sure the animals of our great city needed him (he's an animal control officer). So, just sit back and enjoy the show... well it's late and instead of making a slide show I'm just including a bunch of pictures below...












and what were the doggies doing while all this was going on? Well besides begging for pear peelings....



2 comments:

UnicycleRose said...

Wow! Canning is quite a production! I had no idea.

Sharon Huffman said...

Yes, after one gets done for the day you hear things like, "I don't want to even LOOK at another pear for the next YEAR!" It's very rewarding, especially when the whole family gets involved and nothing quite beats the taste of home-canned pears in the middle of winter (that's if they last that long!)