Monday, September 20, 2010

Mushrooms around the Topeka Statehouse

Last week a co-worker and I noticed a bunch of odd looking things poking up above the mulch surrounding the trees on the grounds of our Statehouse. Of course the first day I didn't have my camera with me, so I remembered to bring it along the next day. The first pic shows some pretty standard clumps of mushrooms.
and the next one looks pretty standard too
but the next two pictures made our minds wander a bit and caused so much laughter that we almost drew a crowd. I can't tell you what we were thinking because this is a G-rated blog, but for a couple of old ladies we sure had some fun! She tried posing these because in one day's time they had totally wilteed, then when we did finally come across one that wasn't wilted she just HAD to add those two ball thingies.


1 comment:

Emily and Matt said...

That IS a strange mushroom! And it's orange!

You gals had WAY too much fun. :o)