Monday, November 8, 2010

Thinking about Veterans Day

A note from a fellow veteran on Facebook reminded me about the pride we should all feel knowing that when we signed up for the military we gave them a blank check payable to the United States of America for an amount up to, and including, our life. I'd like to share a few pictures with you this week to commemorate not only my veteran status, but also my father's. To start out, here is a picture of the two of us when I first got to my duty station in Goeppingen, Germany, home of the Big Red One Infantry Division where my dad was stationed at the same time. The story follows the picture. Sorry about the quality, but it was scanned from an already yellowed newspaper article. If you know me then you'll agree that my nose is NOT pointed and long as it appears in the picture. That's actually part of the plaque behind my nose that you're seeing. No, REALLY it IS!!! Oh and btw, yes I did finally learn how to play the guitar and we logged hundreds of kilometers on those Volksmarches!


No comments: