Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Kansas Statehouse Erector Crane Assembly

Ok, call me a sap, but I've been absolutely mesmerized by the activities outside my office window this week. We are fortunate to have the pleasure of watching as the tallest crane in North America gets assembled. This slide show is of the assembly of the crane that will actually erect the huge tower crane. It is a mystery so far what they will actually DO with the crane, but it has something to do with the ongoing (10+ years) renovation of our statehouse. I hope you appreciate the music because it represents my feelings as I witnessed the true majesty of this powerful metal object being assembled by true experts. It made me think of how we too were assembled by an expert and how He wants to use us to assemble His flock.... okay, enough of the sappiness and on with the show!

No comments: