Sunday, July 11, 2010

Refinishing the buffet

Now that the buffet is empty and I have a new floor in the dining room I decided to paint it. First I had to strip the top which was cracked and bubbled paint over what turned out to be a gorgeous, although stained beyond repair wood. Yes I probably could have sanded the stain out, stripped the whole thing and ended up with a beautiful piece of furniture, but 1) why show up the rest of the furniture, and 2) where would I get the energy???

Here it is before:


JC had to check out that opening.


and after painting, before touch-up


For some odd reason I have a faint recollection (or could just be an overactive imagination) of this sort of color scheme being antique-ish. Maybe it's really a memory from the 60's? Anyway, the color chips looked like they'd coordinate well with the new floor, so we'll see what it looks like after the drop cloth and papers are removed once it's all done. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Emily and Matt said...

It looks AWESOME!!! I can't wait to see it in person. I love the detailing you did on the doors...that gives it an extra OOMPH!