Sunday, May 2, 2010

Azalea's in full bloom and Hostas growing

Aren't these Azaleas just the most perfect and awesome flowers on God's green earth? They were here when we bought the house five years ago and I think this year is the best yet. If there were only some way to keep them blooming year-round I believe I'd be in Flower Heaven!
The red in contrast with the perfectly formed green leaves reminds me of Christmas. As I zoomed in on the pictures and noticed the tiny hairs on each leaf it reminded me of that scripture in Matthew, Chapter 10 verse 30. Since I've already posted a picture of the robin that died on the chair on my front porch, even though it wasn't a sparrow I thought I'd include the verses that come right before and after, just seems appropriate.

29Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. 30And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

The hostas are looking really good too. They really like the cool, damp weather we've been having lately. I'll post pics of them again when they bloom.
That bluish green hosta in the corner will eventually get quite large, maybe 3 or 4 feet in diameter. I've never been one to label all my plants or keep track of their names, but if I ever remember what it's called I'll post an edit. I think the grassy plants are some kind of lilies. Yeah, you wouldn't believe that I was once a Master Gardener, huh? lol!

1 comment: