Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day

This seemed like a good time to tell you about my military background. There's a lot to tell, but I'll limit today's post to the piece about my Dad and I serving in the Army together in Goeppingen, Germany. You see, after a life as a military brat I just couldn't get it out of my blood, so quite literally followed in my father's footsteps. The newspaper article and picture below are documenting possibly the first father-daughter team assigned to an Army base together, or at least this one. If you could have seen his face you would see the pride and honor, as you would have also seen on mine.


This is me home on leave all dressed up in my uniform and there's my Dad.



Above with my Mom and grandparents.
Below is a picture of my baptism in the Jordan River in Israel during the time I was stationed in Germany. More about that later.

No comments: