Friday, January 25, 2008
It is the official State of Kansas web site and these photos have been submitted by local citizens. It was a nice reminder for me after weeks of cold, snow and ice to remember that in the spring, summer and fall we really do have some very nice geography. Now, it's back to my bookmarks...
Thursday, January 10, 2008
My older sister sent this to me today and I just had to share it with you. It's all soooooo true!
1. Kidnappers are not very interested in you.
2. In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first.
3. No one expects you to run--anywhere.
4. People call at 9 PM and ask, Did I wake you????
5. People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
6. There is nothing left to learn the hard way.
7. Things you buy now won't wear out.
8. You can eat supper at 4 PM.
9. You can live without sex but not your glasses.
10. You get into heated arguments about pension plans.
11. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
12. You quit trying to hold your stomach in no matter who walks into the room.
13. You sing along with elevator music.
14. Your eyes won't get much worse.
15. Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to payoff.
16. Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national weather service.
17. Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can't remember them either.
18. Your supply of brain cells are finally down to manageable size.
19. You can't remember who sent you this list.
And you notice these are all in BIG PRINT for your convenience.
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Monday, January 7, 2008
I finally took five hours to cut strips of plastic bags with my rotary cutter, then spent the next two days hooking the loops together and rolling into balls so I could begin crocheting this tote bag. The next thing might be a rug for the garage using double strands and a large crochet hook. It was really quite relaxing doing all the cutting, tying and rolling. The actual crocheting is a little tough, especially when I get to the rubbery bags with the red circles (you all know the store name...) because they don't slide across the hook the way the other do. The bag will be very tough, durable and very washable. Below you will see the series of pictures showing the stack of strips, then pile of strips tied together, then the balls wound up.