Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Some Christmas cards I made last night for Operation Write Home









below is a closeup of the glitter glue embellishment that I made. If you zoom in you can see how sparkly it is.

Sorry about the sideways card below. It is made out of a soda can colored with Tim Holtz alcohol ink, embossed with my Cricut and touched up with stickles and Crystal Effects (zoom for detail).

Oops, I just found out that we are supposed to leave the inside blank, so these cards won't be going to Christie (see previous post about her challenge)  because I stamped this sentiment on the inside of them. It seemed really appropriate, but rules are rules and hey, I need Christmas cards for other things anyway! I'll make more tonight and leave them blank. It was really fast making these out of one sheet of a page out of a glitter card stack and a page or two of decorative paper. The cards themselves are just plain old card stack either white, blue or green. I really love the fun colors and think they'll brighten anyone's day, so will make more like these for Operation Write Home.

2 comments:

Emily and Matt said...

My favorite one has to be the aluminum Christmas tree! It's BEAUTIFUL!!!

Guro said...

THey are all so nice! Love the christmas tree :-D
Thank you so much for taking part in my candy.
Good luck!!!
Hugs Guro