Monday, April 26, 2010

Girls' Weekend!

This past weekend my two sisters, one niece and my daughter all got together at my home for food, fun and scrapbooking. We set up tables with our supplies and set to work doing whatever paper craft or other task tooted our horns. My niece got over 40 pages made, my daughter got tons of cards made, sister Michelle sorted hundreds of acrylic letters and numbers, sister Kathy and I got a few scrapbook pages made. We discovered how much alike we are in our crafting skills and had a wonderful time renewing old friendships/sisterhoods. They both live over two hours away, so this was a very special time for us all.
Below are my niece and daughter hard at work. That grey box on the lower right side of this picture is what my sister spent her time filling with acrylic letters and numbers left over from the sign company she works for. They make awesome embellishments on our pages!
Friday night the big girls dipped our hands in paraffin for a soothing end to the day.
It felt soooooo good!
My two sisters coloring hair.
Here we all are with samples of our work.
My sis on the right is holding some of the acrylic letters.
We all had fun eating homemade pizza, homemade cinnamon rolls and yummy delicious Sleepin' in Omelette that I found on the Pioneer Woman blog. Sorry I didn't take pictures of the food or of us eating it, you'll just have to trust me... it was awesome! After all that eating I fully expected to find that I'd gained weight when I stepped on the scale this morning for my office's Chubby Club, but praise the Lord I actually LOST almost a pound! Of course I lost exactly what I'd gained last week, but hey, I'll take whatever I can get, especially after all the snacking I did this weekend!

No comments: